Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Beginning of my journey

Aug. 13, 2009. The day started out with excitment in the air, Diane, Brooke, Spencer and I were packed and ready to head for mom and dad's. We decided to leave around 11:00, so we would get there after supper. We didn't want to add to mom's stress of having to cook us dinner. Mom was rather nervous because a lot of family were coming in for my sister's wedding. Mom is in her eighty's so company can makes her "stressed". I went over to pick Diane up, because it was my turn to drive to Illinois. By the time we got all her stuff packed and ready to go it was noon. As we went by my house to catch our route, I seen Taylor's truck home for lunch. I thought about stopping in to tell him "good bye", but decided not to, because we were already running late. If I only would have known that was the last time I would have seen him---nothing would have stopped me from stopping in and giving him a hug and a kiss----but of course I didn't know. We actually had a very nice trip out to Illinois. We all were alittle stressed because the wedding was out of mom and dad's comfort zone and was hoping and praying all would go well. My dad is not in very good health, but he was planning on going.

Aug. 14, 2009 We got up early and went down to Bloomington to help Dawn with some of the food for the wedding. Dawn's husband-to-be and his kids came in from MI. The guys went to pick up the tuxes. Spencer was an usher, so he had to wear one. Since they ordered them all in Bloomington, Spencer and I were back in the bedroom trying his on while everybody else was busy working-----I wonder did they miss our help--probably not. I have to say myself, he was very good looking in his tux and it fit perfectly. I could hardly wait to see him at the wedding ushering people in. It did bring back memories several years before Taylor was in Steph's wedding. He looked just as cute or I should say handsome. Later in the afternoon, we all went to the place they were going to get married and decorated, or I should say Diane and I watched as the ones with talent decorated. Then we had the rehearsal and then the best part- out to dinner. We all were having a good time, meeting new people, laughing and talking. Then it was time to go back to mom's. Since Mark, April, Morgan, Max, Keith, Autumn, Warren, Maggie were all staying at mom's, there really was not room for the rest of us. Mom said the nursing home had two rooms in the basement that they rent out to guest. She said that they also had two big bathrooms. So Diane, Brooke, Spencer and I decided we would go there, or it was decided for us, but that was ok, because we thought it might be nice to get away from so many people for a while. On top of that, we would get two big bathrooms for four people, instead of four people to one bathroom. We got to the nursing home and got our key, but found our room down a basement that almost felt like a dungon, almost scary. We talked to the kids for a little bit, but decided we better get to bed, because tomorrow is going to be a very big day and it was my birthday---but who would remember that with the wedding we were going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment