Saturday, October 10, 2009

Heaven

It has been eight weeks since I have seen Taylor---it seems much longer. Saturday's are very sad. I was thinking eight weeks ago this morning, he was at work getting ready to come home for lunch. I had to think when he got up that morning, probably tired from staying out too late the night before, but was excited about only having to work until noon, then he had big plans of going to the bon fire and riding his 4-wheeler with his friends. I am sure it never entered his mind when his alarm went off that morning to get up for work, that today would be his last day on earth. Why would it---he was young, healthy, lots of friends,and lots of fun things to do that day. In fact,, he was in such a hurry to get going, that he left all his work clothes and boots right in the middle of his room, but God had other plans for Taylor that night. What would Taylor have changed if he knew the Saturday before when Brooke was in her accident and he came running home to give her a hug and to say "I am so happy you are OK" that the very next Saturday he would not only be hurt, but he would be in eternity. Like Grandpa said, Taylor rode his 4 wheeler right into Heaven. Yes, he is saved and with Jesus now, but would he have lived those last days more for Jesus than himself. I am sure he would have, but then wouldn't any of us. I guess, i am really thinking about myself---live my life each day, like it could be my last. I will have a very different focus----one focued on Jesus's face.
As I was spending time with God today, it was like He wanted me to go read in Revelation 21 about Heaven. I was happy to do that----that chapter gives me such peace. As I was reading in verse 4---where it says--He will wipe every tear from my eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning or crying or pain. That in it's self makes me want to go today, but then when it talks about streets of pure gold, how beautiful the twelve foundations are, the gates are of pearls, God's glory is the light, and Jesus is the lamp. I am certainly looking forward to that day when I can jump into Jesus's arms and then grab Taylor and hold him close to me. It could be today---who knows God may be putting the trumpet to His lips at this very moment ready to blow the trumpet for Jesus to come and collect His children, or maybe my work is finished here on earth either way I am ready. Praising Jesus's name---I love you, Jesus, who is the King of Kings,and the Lord of Lords

No comments:

Post a Comment